Piksborg is a castle ruin from the last part of the 13th century with remains of piles in the water. It is located on an island in the southern end of Lake Bolmen, west of Ljungby in the village of Annerstad.
The castle was built of wood with earthen walls, strategically located in the border area with Denmark at the time. It was used as a border fortress and as a center for the guardians of the king in Sunnerbo.
The name Piksborg comes from the Dutch knight Ebbe Pik. At the end of the 13th century, the castle was owned by Abraham Brodersson Bullhead. In 1434 the castle was reached by one of the rebel armies of Engelbrecht. Olof Ragnvaldsson, bailiff, negotiated with the leader of the rebels, Herman Berman. During the negotiations, the castle was set on fire. The castle was completely destroyed and abandoned.
In 1908 Piksborg was excavated under the direction and at the expense of civil engineer Algot Friberg and captain Bror Kugelberg.
Piksborg Train Station along the Halmstad – Bolmen Railway (1889–1966) was just south of the castle ruin. The railway bridge over Fettjesundet, the southern part of Lake Bolmen, is located in Piksborg.
And Piksborg is located along the Banvallsleden cycle route…..